Please note: This structure is available to students registered on the Postgraduate Diploma in Public Management with effect from 1 October 2018 or later.
Current students who registered before this date can find information about their programme here.
|Programme Director:||Dr Alberto Asquer|
|Programme start:||November / February / April / July|
Public sector organisations need good managers. The Postgraduate Diploma in Public Management is a preparation for managing and advising public sector organisations. There is an emphasis on managing people, managing change and designing and using information systems.
If you have any further questions about the overall programme content and its suitability for you, please email email@example.com.
Modules and programme structure
You will study six modules: four core modules and two elective modules selected from the list below.
By following this programme you will be well qualified for senior positions in government public services, international organisations and NGOs.
The programme takes a minimum of one year to complete. Each of the modules lasts eight weeks. You are registered for a maximum of five years.
Education and experience
You should have a recognised UK Bachelor's degree, or international equivalent, in a social science discipline. Qualifications in other subjects will be assessed on their merits. Your application may be considered if you have previous education and experience, equivalent to a degree-level qualification, which includes suitable preliminary training.
For all of our modules you are required to have a high level of English language ability in reading and writing and in study skills.
If your first degree was not taught in English, you will need to provide evidence of language ability. You will meet the English language requirement if you have passed any of the following within the past three years:
- (IELTS) International English Language Testing System (Academic) with an overall score of 7.0 or above, including a minimum of 7.0 on the written sub-test
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with an overall score of 67 or above, including a minimum of 67 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening elements
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English with an overall score of 185 or above, including a minimum of 185 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening sub-tests
- (TOEFL) iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language with an overall score of 95 or above, including a minimum of 24 attained on the reading and writing skills sub-tests and a minimum of 25 attained on the speaking sub-test and 22 attained on the listening sub-test.
You are required to have internet access to participate in this programme.