This structure is for new students and those who registered after 1 July 2018.
Students who registered before this date can find their programme structure here.
|Programme convenor:||Dr Senija Čaušević|
|Fee:||£10,920. For full information on fees and payment options, visit our Fees page.|
|Programme start:||October / January / April / July|
International businesses have a growing need for senior personnel with high quality management skills and specialist regional knowledge. As the regions of Asia and of Africa take roles as leading and emerging economies in the world, this MSc International Business Administration responds to this need. Students will study the interplay between global and local factors that influence management decisions in business.
If you have any further questions about the overall programme content and its suitability for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modules and programme structure
You will study six modules: two core modules and four elective modules selected from the list below.
- Banking StrategyM466
- Corporate FinanceM421
- Corporate GovernanceM444
- Doing Business in AfricaM493
- Finance in the Global MarketM442
- Financial ReportingM492
- Introduction to ValuationM464
- Management Information in BusinessM476
- Research MethodsM453
- Risk Management: Principles and Applications *M423
- The Business and Economy of ChinaM494
- The Business and Economy of MENAM489
* Please be advised that this module requires a high level of numerical and computational skill. Students should have a good background in mathematics and are advised to consult the sample module.
As a graduate of this programme, you will be well prepared for a senior position in corporations, banks, financial services companies, business consultancies, regulatory authorities and international organisations.
For more information on career prospects for graduates, please visit our Careers page.
This programme takes a minimum of two years to complete. Each module lasts 10 weeks. You are registered for a maximum of five years.
Education and experience
You should have a recognised UK Bachelor's degree, or international equivalent, in a social science discipline. Qualifications in other subjects will be assessed on their merits. Your application may be considered if you have previous education and experience, equivalent to a degree-level qualification, which includes suitable preliminary training.
For all of our modules you are required to have a high level of English language ability in reading and writing and in study skills.
If your first degree was not taught in English, you will need to provide evidence of language ability. You will meet the English language requirement if you have passed any of the following within the past three years:
- (IELTS) International English Language Testing System (Academic) with an overall score of 7.0 or above, including a minimum of 7.0 on the written sub-test
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with an overall score of 67 or above, including a minimum of 67 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening elements
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English with an overall score of 185 or above, including a minimum of 185 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening sub-tests
- (TOEFL) iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language with an overall score of 95 or above, including a minimum of 24 attained on the reading and writing skills sub-tests and a minimum of 25 attained on the speaking sub-test and 22 attained on the listening sub-test.
You are required to have internet access to participate in this programme.