|Programme convenor:||Dr Richard Alexander|
|Fee:||£3,500. For full information on fees and payment options, visit our Fees page.|
|Programme start:||October / January / April / June|
This Certificate is ideal for those who already have some experience in either law or finance. Students can tailor their learning according to their needs, interests and pre-existing expertise.
If you have any further questions about the overall programme content and its suitability for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modules and programme structure
You can study any two of the following modules:
- Corporate GovernanceM444
- Financial LawM440
- Introduction to Law and to FinanceM438
- Legal Aspects of Corporate FinanceM439
- Legal Aspects of International FinanceM441
- Regulation of International Capital MarketsM443
As a graduate of this programme, you will be well prepared for working in the financial services sector or as a regulator with responsibility for financial institutions. The Certificate would also be beneficial to existing members of commercial law firms wishing to offer an improved services to clients in the financial sector, or for financiers wishing to enter such sectors as compliance or begin careers in the government services.
The programme takes a minimum of one year to complete. Each module lasts 10 weeks. You are registered for a maximum of five years.
Education and experience
You should have an upper second class UK Bachelor's degree, or international equivalent, in any discipline. Relevant professional experience will be taken into account, but is not a requirement. Your application may also be considered if you have previous education and experience, equivalent to a degree-level qualification, which includes suitable preliminary training.
For all of our modules you are required to have a high level of English language ability in reading and writing and in study skills.
If your first degree was not taught in English, you will need to provide evidence of language ability. You will meet the English language requirement if you have passed any of the following within the past three years:
- (IELTS) International English Language Testing System (Academic) with an overall score of 7.0 or above, including a minimum of 7.0 on the written sub-test
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with an overall score of 67 or above, including a minimum of 67 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening elements
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English with an overall score of 185 or above, including a minimum of 185 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening sub-tests
- (TOEFL) iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language with an overall score of 95 or above, including a minimum of 24 attained on the reading and writing skills sub-tests and a minimum of 25 attained on the speaking sub-test and 22 attained on the listening sub-test.
You are required to have internet access to participate in this programme.