This structure is for new students and those who registered after 1 July 2018.
Students who registered before this date can find their programme structure here.
|Programme convenor:||Prof Pasquale Scaramozzino|
|Fee:||£7,280. For full information on fees and payment options, visit our Fees page.|
|Programme start:||October / January / April / June|
This diploma enables people with specialised skills to develop an understanding of a broader range of subjects involved in modern banking. The Diploma in Banking is especially valuable for people holding a professional qualification (including a qualification in accounting, finance, or related professions) who are employed in banks or other financial firms.
If you have any further questions about the overall programme content and its suitability for you, please email email@example.com.
Modules and programme structure
You will study four modules: two core modules and two elective modules.
- Corporate and Investment BankingM486
- Corporate FinanceM421
- Portfolio and Fund ManagementM487
- Retail Banking and Household FinanceM488
- Bank Financial ManagementM422
- Bank Regulation and Resolution of Banking CrisesM456
- Banking and Capital MarketsM426
- Banking StrategyM466
- Corporate GovernanceM444
- Econometric Analysis and ApplicationsM432
- Econometric Principles and Data AnalysisM430
- Finance in the Global marketM442
- Financial EconometricsM459
- Financial EngineeringM482
- International FinanceM429
- Introduction to ValuationM464
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial MarketsM425
- Risk Management: Principles and ApplicationsM423
As a graduate of this programme you will be well prepared for senior positions in banking, asset management, pension funds, regulators and financial institutions.
This programme takes a minimum of one year to complete. Each module lasts 10 weeks. You are registered for a maximum of five years.
Education and experience
You should have a recognised UK Bachelor's degree, or international equivalent, in finance, economics, or another appropriate discipline. Qualifications in other subjects will be assessed on their merits. Your application may be considered if you have previous education and experience, equivalent to a degree-level qualification, which includes suitable preliminary training.
All international applicants must be able to show that their English is of a high enough standard to successfully engage with and complete their course at SOAS. If you have not yet taken an English language test, you can still apply for your degree, but we will include evidence of language requirements as part of your offer conditions. You can demonstrate English language ability in several ways.