|Programme convenor:||Prof Laurence Harris|
|Fee:||£3,360. For full information on fees and payment options, visit our Fees page.|
|Programme start:||October / January / April / June|
This Certificate enables people with specialised skills to develop an understanding of a broader range of subjects involved in modern banking. The Certificate in Banking is especially valuable for people holding a professional qualification (including a qualification in accounting, finance, or related professions) who are employed in banks or other financial firms.
If you have any further questions about the overall programme content and its suitability for you, please email email@example.com.
Modules and programme structure
You can study any two of the following modules:
- Bank Financial ManagementM422
- Banking and Capital MarketsM426
- Banking StrategyM466
- Corporate and Investment BankingM486
- Portfolio and Fund ManagementM487
- Retail Banking and Household FinanceM488
As a graduate of this programme you will be well prepared for senior positions in banking, asset management, pension funds, regulators and financial institutions.
The programme takes a minimum of one year to complete. Each of the modules lasts 10 weeks. You are registered for a maximum of two years.
Education and experience
You should have a recognised UK Bachelor's degree, or international equivalent, in finance, economics, or another appropriate discipline. Qualifications in other subjects will be assessed on their merits. Your application may be considered if you have previous education and experience, equivalent to a degree-level qualification, which includes suitable preliminary training.
For all of our modules you are required to have a high level of English language ability in reading and writing and in study skills.
If your first degree was not taught in English, you will need to provide evidence of language ability. You will meet the English language requirement if you have passed any of the following within the past three years:
- (IELTS) International English Language Testing System (Academic) with an overall score of 7.0 or above, including a minimum of 7.0 on the written sub-test
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with an overall score of 67 or above, including a minimum of 67 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening elements
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English with an overall score of 185 or above, including a minimum of 185 attained on each of the reading, writing, speaking and listening sub-tests
- (TOEFL) iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language with an overall score of 95 or above, including a minimum of 24 attained on the reading and writing skills sub-tests and a minimum of 25 attained on the speaking sub-test and 22 attained on the listening sub-test.
You are required to have internet access to participate in this programme.