Please note: This structure is available to students registered on the Postgraduate Diploma in Banking with effect from 1 November 2012 or later. The final examinations for this structure will be held in 2019.
This Diploma enables people with specialised skills to develop an understanding of a broader range of subjects involved in modern banking. The Diploma in Banking is especially valuable for people holding a professional qualification (including a qualification in accounting, finance, or related professions) who are employed in banks or other financial firms.
Modules and programme structure
This programme is made up of four modules. You will study one core module and three elective modules selected from the list below.
This programme takes a minimum of one year to complete. Each module lasts eight weeks. You are registered for a maximum of five years.
- Banking StrategyC366
- Bank Financial ManagementC322
- Banking and Capital MarketsC326
- Bank Regulation and Resolution of Banking CrisesC356
- Corporate FinanceC321
- Financial LawC340
- Introduction to ValuationC364
- Law and Regulation of Electronic Finance and Internet BankingC345
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial MarketsC325
- Risk Management: Principles and ApplicationsC323